The Tie-Front Top has always been a part of fashion. Today this looks is for more than just teenagers, and is a really classy look when done right. Getting the perfect knot on these shirts is super easy, and we have broke it down into just a couple steps for you.
To get a sleek, polished knot that lies flat against your body, create a square knot.
- Start with the left tie in your left hand and the right tie in your right hand.
- Cross the left tie over the right tie and then bring the end of the left tie up through the center to form the first part of the knot.
- Pull the ties until your waist is comfortably cinched.
- Now, hold each tie in each hand again but this time, cross the right tie over the left tie.
- Finish by bringing the right tie back under the left tie and pulling it through the loop to form a second knot.
- Tug the edges of the knot until it lies smoothly.
- Arrange the ties to fall downwards.
If your shirt is not cut as a Tie-Front, you can still make most button up shirts into a Tie-Front.
- Start by unbuttoning your shirt from the bottom up until you get to the point where you want your shirt to end.
- Then, begin tieing a knot but make sure the side without any buttons is on top.
- Once you’ve tied one knot, tie a double knot with the side without any buttons on top again.
- Gently tighten the knot until it lays fairly flat against your body.